Intex Ultra 18' New Installation

Apr 8, 2013
Battle Creek, MI
The new Intex Ultra Frame is up and running, currently pumping dichlor into it to raise FC and CYA. After two doses the chlorine is high (18.5) and the CYA has yet to reach minimum levels (20, if I'm reading the "black dot" correctly). Although I had experience with one of the old "blue" Intexes (15'), I gathered lots of valuable information for this install after finding TFP. Thanks! Last evening I did add the ratcheting straps around the feet, since my UF came without a rope. It took all four of mine to reach the entire circumference of the pool, but I feel more secure with it. (Sorry, no pictures of that.) Here is what I do have photos of.

We just put up our 14 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame yesterday and began filling it. Now we are looking for some type of heater because we also live in Michigan :shock: . How did you decide which solar heater to go with? We were thinking the 2 X 10 feet double panels on the roof may be the kind to try. They all get such mixed reviews it's hard to determine which ones actually work.

JLSgirl said:
We just put up our 14 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame yesterday and began filling it. Now we are looking for some type of heater because we also live in Michigan :shock: . How did you decide which solar heater to go with? We were thinking the 2 X 10 feet double panels on the roof may be the kind to try. They all get such mixed reviews it's hard to determine which ones actually work.

It's one of those beehive-like solar jobbies, bought for our last Intex and not very effective. I'm researching the flat-panel solars too, which would probably be my wife's choice of where to make the next big investment. She likes swimming in bath water, while I want to put money into a deck and landscaping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.