New salt water pool problems

Jun 7, 2013
I just changed my pool to salt water. Every week I am having to clean the cell due to light flashing. The no flow light also comes on frequently. The man that changed it over to salt told me to prime the pool. So I have had to do that several times to get the no flow light off. Now the inspect cell and low salt light is staying on. It will not generate. Even after I added salt, the numbers continue to drop. Any suggestions :?:

low flow - you need more flow or less turbulent flow. If there's a bend in the pipe close to the cell, the water isn't smooth and might not push that switch in.
clean cell - if it's actually new you might have incoming power issues, so check those. When cleaning, be sure to fill the cell completely with a 25% acid/water mix for ~15 minutes.
Salt - get the salt level checked or get some strips. The variance between methods is easily +/- 500ppm, but it will give you an idea. Salt only leaves by dilution.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Do you actually see white scale build-up on the plates in the cell? If not, then continued acid cleaning is just shortening the life of the cell.

There is very little build up on it. I just took the water to a pool store. My salt was 3300 which doesnt match the 1900 reading on the board. They suggested there was either a problem with the cell or board stating that my levels were not low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.