New Globrite lights?

I am putting one in right now in my pool... will have it turned on in a week or so. Whether they are better and more reliable, the jury is out on since they are so new... but they are LED and they match the other Pentair lights color sequences. I should have more info in a week... right now i am trying o figure out how I am going to make the niche work. I sleeved in a 2" pvc conduit when teh gunite was shot... and since my shelf is only 6" water, the 2" sleeve is just touching the bottom edge of the tile... but the gunite niche that fits in the end of the pvc, has a flange on it that gets plastered over... the light does not cover the entire flange. I need to either cut the flange to the edge of the tile and try to get a good seal, or scribe the tile to it, in which case I will have a half circle of plaster up into the tile... I don't think that will look good.

I just finished installing mine. Not wired up yet. I had to modify the gunite niche. I removed the outer flange on the top for about 90 degrees since it was butting up against my tile. Then I still had to rotozip about a 1/4" arc in the tile for the niche to fit in. I just installed the light today... Very easy. The niche will work fine if your shelf is > 8" deep or so (3" on tile and 5" below)... but is any shallower, the light niche will go into the tile. I know the specs say it must be 4" under water... oh well... with a 6" shelf, there is no way to make that happen. I am sure it will be fine. I'll post pictures next week when I finish the electrical and can power it on.

Does anyone have a follow up on the globrite lights? My pool builder wants to install two in our pool instead of the standard larger LED (intellibright 5g I think). My pool is a free form 14 ish by 29 ish. I'm not sure if this will be enough light for my pool. I have a sun shelf and a small grotto. I can post pics of the shell if that helps. Thanks [attachment=0:1s66mf9z]photo111.JPG[/attachment:1s66mf9z]

Attachments

• photo111.JPG
    photo111.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 407
I have a 14 x 28 rectangle with 2 GloBrites and they put out plenty of light. It depends on the color you choice. A deep blue is fairly dark but a yellow or white is quite bright. Personally I'd rather have 2 smaller lights than one big one.

Steve

I agree. I have seen two globrite lights on what I was told was a 14x28 and it actually looked good. Mine is a little bigger than that and I'm not too sure there's wasn't a little smaller. So, I hope it all works out. Wish I could see someone else's pool who only has two globrites

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I only have one on a sun shelf... it does a nice job of lighting my sunshelf.

I have 3-5g lights in the main part of the pool. With some colors, I wish it was brighter... but that is just my preference. White looks very good. Blue pretty good. Red does not cover the entire pool.

I wish Pentair published info about the lens and lumens for their lights, but they don't. I believe, from my experience, that the globrite light has a lens designed for shallow water... not as wide angle as the 5g. The 5g, I believe, has a wider beam angle... both in height and width. And is also adjustable for wide areas or narrow areas. It definitely puts out much more light.

It also depends on your plaster. I have French gray. white plaster would require less light to get the same look.

I would highly recommend using the 5g lights for the pool and globrite on a shelf or swimout (I wish I put one on my swimout... it is dark since it is above the level of the main pool light). I don't think there is really any advantage to using the globrite... since you will need more of them and the cost will equal out... Niche is same cost... just less labor for PB since PVC sleeve is easier to hang than full niche.

I read somewhere that the GloBrites have 120 degree beam spread. They are not adjustable like the 5Gs. My preference was multiple light sources rather than one really bright one. That also gives options for multiple colors or swim mode if you wire them individually.

Steve

This was sent to me from a person who has two globrites in a 17x39 pool. I think it is not quite enough light for this size pool, but anything smaller would look just fine in my opinion.[attachment=0:1ntibtkd]17 X 39 2 GlowBrights.JPG[/attachment:1ntibtkd]

Attachments

• 17 X 39 2 GlowBrights.JPG
    17 X 39 2 GlowBrights.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 416
fallsdeep130 said:
The pool I seen also had a deep end of 7' and the globrite looked fine in the deep water

To anyone that has personally seen these lights on deeper pools: were the lights installed close to the top of the water or lower down like a full-sized light. I using 3 Globrites in my pool and I am trying to figure out how far down they should be. I know they are meant for shallow water and can be installed up to 4" below the water line, but i don't need to put mine that far up unless it is optimal. I guess I am trying to find out the optimal light depth for an installation in 3.5' to 8' deep water.

I would call and talk to the Pentair lighting guy at their tech support if you want optimal placement or exact light distribution angles. I have personally seen them in a deep end of a pool about 8' deep and they were installed about 12" below the water line. It looked fine to me, but the shallower water light was brighter on the bottom of course.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.