automatic pool cover?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I just got my first quote to put 116' of aluminum pool fence around half my pool to separate it from the backyard for our two small kids and dog. $5000! I have a second quote coming on Saturday. On top of that, this fall I need to spend who-knows-how-much on a custom safety cover for my 45x15 pool. What if I just got a automatic-powered cover for it to keep everything out of the water when I'm not using it? I'm not sure how it would cover the stairs and seating cut-out though. Ideas?

The track for the auto cover would have to be screwed into concrete. It is no big deal to cover an odd shape you just end up dragging cover over your concrete. You could have a spa blower put in to lift it off concrete to alleviate some of the wear on it.

Not sure a blower would get it inflated such that it didn't rub while being closed or opened, more chance with the opening I would guess. Took me three mins to blow mine up while I was closed.

blew-up-my-autocover-t58811.html?hilit=Blew%20autocover

Maybe if you had a flapper at the end, extra auto cover wIth weights in it somehow to seal the water to cover space as it moved.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.