Low recommended CYA level from Intex

Jun 3, 2013
I just set up my 15' x 48" agp from Intex. I also purchased the sand fileter pump and SWG combo. The instructions say to add 1.1 lb. of CYA. However, from the poolcalculator, that would only give me a CYA of about 30. Most posts I have seen recommend about double that for a SWG pool. Why the low recommendation in the owners manual? I am currently adding CYA via the sock method, but my test results prior to CYA additions were as follows:

FC - 1.5 in the morning, 0 in the evening (SWG runs at night due to swimmers during the day)
pH - 7.8 (struggling to keep this low enough even using pH minus)
TA - 100
CYA - 0
Salt - 3300
Water Temp - 88

Any recommendations/suggestions are welcome! This is my first post, but I have been spending a lot of time on this forum and all of the info has proven invaluable. Thanks!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Your pool is just like any other pool ... use the recommended levels in Pool School ... likely around 80ppm for the CYA if you have full sun.

Save yourself some $ and use muriatic acid to lower the pH ... SWG tend to cause the pH to rise more quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.