My pool is not clearing up and I am getting impatient!!!

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
Hello all,
My swimming pool is not clearing up enough for me to get the leaf getter in, I know that there is some leaves at the bottom, heck might be a small tree down there but, my water will not clear up enough for me to see what I need to do. This will be day three at shock level and it is still no improvement. I am gonna start posting some pics if this keeps up. :oops:

What are the other chemical readings? We need pH, free chlorine, combined chlorine, calcium, alkalinity, and CYA.

You say CYA is "not reading". Does that mean you can't test it because the water is so cloudy or do you have none? It helps to know the CYA level as that will determine what level you need to bring your chlorine to to shock the pool.

How often are you testing for and adding chlorine? 3x a day is indicated in severe cases (which yours may be).

I agree completely with sevver that you need to scoop out as much as you can right away. Whatever is in there is probably consuming your chlorine very quickly.

The more information you can provide the better people will be able to help you.

Cheers.

patience!
I run my Kreepy krawley, usually winter leaves are so decomposed they get sucked right into the strainer basket without clogging the KK, then, every few hours I dump them out.
Your pool will take a week or longer to clear up, just keep the chlorine level up, run your pump 24/7, don't backwash until your presure rises 6+ pounds or you get way lower flow at the return.
I like to use floculant once I'm able to see the bottom through the milky water, follow the instructions, and use a manual vac very slowly to suck up the dirt piles once they settle out - preferred method is vac to waste, I can't (limited water supply) so I just make sure my filter is really dirty when I do it or I add 1/2 to 1 cup DE to a clean filter before doing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.