Premium waterline tile OR Premium pool surface/texture

Which option will add more wow-factor?

• Total voters

jamgolf

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2013
DFW, TX
Hello - This is my first post here on this extremely helpful/informative forum.

We just signed a contract for our pool and are deciding on a couple of options - so I thought I'd seek thoughts on these options:

(a) Upgrade pool waterline tile to premium mosaic pattern glass tile OR
(b) Upgrade to Wet Edge Prism Matrix (glass bead mix) from Wet Edge Satin Matrix

In your experience/opinion which one of these two options will have more of a visual wow-factor ?

Please help us decide :)
Cheers!

(I will start a build thread when we have permits etc.)

IMO, while I am no expert, I think the difference in finishes are more in line with feel preferences vs visual appeal. I picked the tile, because it is more of a visual thing than a feel thing.

kcindc said:
IMO, while I am no expert, I think the difference in finishes are more in line with feel preferences vs visual appeal. I picked the tile, because it is more of a visual thing than a feel thing.

I see your point - at a depth over a 2-3 feet its probably hard to tell a difference between the various finishes. They will actually be different to the touch. So lesser of a wow factor and more of a comfort factor.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Cheers!

We are currently in the middle of our pool build and were also faced with the Satin Matrix vs. Prism Matrix decision. I actually called Wet Edge directly for more information and they sent me some pictures, but there is nothing like seeing it in person. We finally found a pool in our area with the Prism option to go see, and there is a significant difference in the visual impact of the Prism over the regular Pearl/Satin finishes. It is truly beautiful and yes, we decided to pay the extra $ for it.

shylersl said:
We are currently in the middle of our pool build and were also faced with the Satin Matrix vs. Prism Matrix decision. I actually called Wet Edge directly for more information and they sent me some pictures, but there is nothing like seeing it in person. We finally found a pool in our area with the Prism option to go see, and there is a significant difference in the visual impact of the Prism over the regular Pearl/Satin finishes. It is truly beautiful and yes, we decided to pay the extra $ for it.

I wish I could find a pool to to check out Prism Matrix installed. But I just don't know where to check. We are in DFW.
Which Prism Matrix finish/style did you pick?
How much extra was it over Satin Matrix?

Thanks for your input.
Cheers!

Our pool builder asked the local Wet Edge supplier to identify any area pools that were done in Prism and then got permission for us to visit. I'm sure your PB could do the same for you in the DFW area. We are going with the Indigo Blue. Our pool is a freeform—113 ln ft perimeter, 753 sq ft, 22545 gal—and the additional charge is about $2K.

shylersl said:
Our pool builder asked the local Wet Edge supplier to identify any area pools that were done in Prism and then got permission for us to visit. I'm sure your PB could do the same for you in the DFW area. We are going with the Indigo Blue. Our pool is a freeform—113 ln ft perimeter, 753 sq ft, 22545 gal—and the additional charge is about $2K.

Thanks for the info.
Much appreciated !

shylersl said:

We are struggling with the decision. Indigo Blue and Kaleidoscope look attractive. Our builder is still trying to find a local pool with these finishes.

Would it be possible for you to share some pictures of your Indigo Blue finish?

Thankyou so much!

I will try to take a few pics for you when I get home this afternoon and post them. I'm afraid the color will not be completely representative, as the pool only completed filling two days ago and we are brushing, adjusting chemistry, etc. I'll try to include a good close up shot of the finish which may be more helpful.

Have you viewed the video clips of each of those colors that Wet Edge has posted on YouTube?

More later...

shylersl said:
I will try to take a few pics for you when I get home this afternoon and post them. I'm afraid the color will not be completely representative, as the pool only completed filling two days ago and we are brushing, adjusting chemistry, etc. I'll try to include a good close up shot of the finish which may be more helpful.

Have you viewed the video clips of each of those colors that Wet Edge has posted on YouTube?

More later...

Thank you very much !
Yes. I have watched all the videos and searched for pictures but there aren't that many available.

So it sounds like you just got finished with your build - Congratulations !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK, I will attempt to post some pictures. We are almost done with the pool, but still have the pergola and landscaping to deal with.

Here is the sun shelf with a couple of close ups:
9094799283_65d016fa17_z.jpg

9094792695_6f64eba14e_c.jpg

9097023206_b6a1f6eba9_z.jpg

I have no opinion because I'm unfamiliar with the two choices.

I will tell you that extremely clear water that sparkles wows people more than anything. Someone can look at my pool and not only see the main drain clearly, but can see that the screw heads are phillips head.

shylersl:

Thanks a lot for posting your pictures. I really appreciate it !
Your pool looks very nice and Indigo Blue (as seen in the shallow) looks very attractive.
The mix of light blue and purple glass has a very interesting/mesmerizing effect (on me).

After looking at your Indigo Blue, I am leaning toward it unless I can find more pictures of a Kaleidoscope finish pool.
Thanks again - much appreciated !

Richard320 said:
I have no opinion because I'm unfamiliar with the two choices.

I will tell you that extremely clear water that sparkles wows people more than anything. Someone can look at my pool and not only see the main drain clearly, but can see that the screw heads are phillips head.

But can they tell if the screws are #4 or #6 ? :)

Kidding aside: let me ask you what in your opinion yields 'extremely clean water that sparkles' other than great water chemistry?
Is any particular color of plaster/pigment more conducive to achieving that look?
Is there anything that else that can contribute to that?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.