Einstein himself gave up on this problem !! Perhaps someone

ftbn

Jun 6, 2013
Tomorrow begins my 4th week of green !! Here's the story-book of what has occurred so far:

Lost the cover to a gal named Sandy and I believe, every leaf in the Poconos wound up in my pool ! No big issue, I've been a BBB guy since Ben founded the PoolForum... I can handle this in the spring.. Water was on the verge of black, so i scooped out as much debris as I could see, loaded up on the bleach and started dosing gallons at a time.. within days (and many gallons) water went from black to dark to light green...all good things ! Filter was clogging, skimmer sock would last no more than 60 minutes, so I knew I was on the right track as I was killing off the algae... kept my PH and ALK levels at the normal range

fast forward 7 days:: pool is still light green and only clear to the first 6 inches....THEN I remembered having a major issue with metals last year ... A crushed up Vitamin C tablet confirmed the problem was back, so i decided to tackle that issue thinking that was the reason the pool was still the light green color... I dropped the CL to ZERO, PH to 7.0 and added the proper dose of Natural Chemistry Metal Free liquid. Within 24 hours the pool went from green to blue !! ((Still cloudy, but thought the skimmer sock and filtering would take care of that)). (( Side note: I did NOT add any PolyQuat before starting this ))

3 days later: Still blue but still cloudy.. (Im bringing up the FC levels SLOWLY).... BUT NOT being a POP kinda guy, and tired of looking at that cloud and not seeing bottom, I reverted back to my knowledge of the BBB and said to myself, "Shocking is the only way to rid me off that cloud." Knowing that the metals would fall out of suspension again (I'll deal with that problem later), I began with 2 gallons of 8.25%.... Literally, within 15 minutes, the water was dark green (don't know if that was the metal fall-out or a MAJOR algae attack that took 15 minutes to occur) ?

5 days have passed and Im back to pale green....trying to keep my FC up in the 15-20 range and I just yesterday got rid of CC (atleast what I could see off the Taylor 2005..the 2006 arrives today)..

ALL THAT SAID, Any chemical reason why that blue would turn green once I introduced 25 ppm bleach ?

18ft rd/ vinyl/ sand/ 7K

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.