Aquatrol swg fuse blows

You need to figure out if its your pump thats blowing the fuse or the aquatrol. Try plugging the pump into a outlet instead of the aquatrol and see if it will run without blowing a fuse. The aquatrol should still operate if the pump is plugged into a different power source. What is the amp draw of your pump, it should be on the service label of the motor.

Blown fuse-Please help!!!

Nope. I plugged the pump into a seperate cord. Now they are on different circuits. The pump is not plugged into the aquatrol. The aquatrol has power, and would operate the pump with the timer or on all the time, before I seperated them. Even now when I slide the auto or super chlorinate switch, it gives a flashing red no flow light for about fifteen seconds, then it goes off, the chlorinate light comes on for about five seconds and the fuse blows and no power to the unit.
Anyone else had this problem. Please help. Thanks. :cry: :?:

Blown fuse-Please help!!!

:( Well, I found a wire pinched behind a screw, but after repairing and checking the rest of the wiring for damage, the fuse still blows! This is a brand new unit. What the !>"} is wrong? Could the power supply be bad? :x

The Cell

:? Ok. The controller must be ok. I replaced the fuse (for the fifth time) and unplugged the cell cord. Then I turned the unit on and switched it to auto. No blown fuse. I just got a no flow and check cell flashing leds. So, it must be the cell or the cell cord that is bad. Anyone else had this trouble? :?:

I have only had mine for 4 days and everything has been great. I would call godline/hayward since it is a new unit. They have a 3 year warranty. They are pretty helpful.

The no flow light is normal. I would have to say it sounds like the cell or the cord. When you said a damaged wire was that the cell cord? Also when are you blowing the fuse in the aquatrol or a fuse that feeds power to the outlet the aquatrol plugs into?

I hope you have better luck with yours then what both me and my brother had with our Aquatrol units. We had nothing but problems with our units. :evil: We both bought them new and mine is about 3 years old now. My brother got rid of his last year and bought something else. I am going to try and do the same this year.

Eddie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:-D Ok,Ok,Ok,
I removed the cell from the pool to inspect it and guess what, a pine needle found its way into the cell, apparently causing the fuse in the control box to blow. Now I am an Electrician, and i have seen fuses blow, I've seen transformers blow up, lord knows i've been shocked more than once, and I know that water and electric don't mix, so how does water flow through those plates, but a pine needle shorts the plates out?
Never mind, it is working now. Thank you Strannik.

The main problem we are having is that the unit says the salt level 2000ppm and the true salt level in the pool is 3200ppm and of course since the unit thinks the salt level is low it stops working. I personally have had six cells replaced, I have had a technician come out and look at the unit (which I had to pay for because it was not covered under their warranty) and it would work for a while and then the problem would start all over again. Now I am stuck with probably the most expensive pump timer I have ever seen. :evil: Last week my salt level in my pool was 3200ppm and the unit was reading 400ppm. Goldline/Hayward customer support is saying that my phosphates or the water chemistry is the problem but my number are perfect.

Eddie

bgshemi said:
:-D Ok,Ok,Ok,
I removed the cell from the pool to inspect it and guess what, a pine needle found its way into the cell, apparently causing the fuse in the control box to blow. Now I am an Electrician, and i have seen fuses blow, I've seen transformers blow up, lord knows i've been shocked more than once, and I know that water and electric don't mix, so how does water flow through those plates, but a pine needle shorts the plates out?

I am glad to hear that you got it fixed and that it was something simple. :-D

Eddie

:) Thanks Eddie, but now I am having the same trouble as you. I have a 24' agp and my pool guy estimated about 10 bags of salt which I added 3 days ago. It dissolved and the pump has been running 24 hours a day since. Today I resolved my fuse situation, but now it won't generate chlorine because it says the salt ppm is 700!!! I know I have enough salt. What's up? :x

bgshemi said:
Now I am an Electrician, and i have seen fuses blow, I've seen transformers blow up, lord knows i've been shocked more than once, and I know that water and electric don't mix, so how does water flow through those plates, but a pine needle shorts the plates out?

You are welcome :)

What happens is that water's resistance is higher than that of a fuse, hence main load is on the cell, and everything is fine. When you introduce needle, the resistance of the cell becomes virtually 0, so the main load shifts to a part with highest resistance - fuse - hence it blows.

:oops: The cell wasn't plugged in. Hence the fuse didn't blow after I removed the pine needle. After realizing this and plugging in the cell, it still blows the fuse. Yes I'am an idiot. Back to square one!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.