SWG won't turn on

Jun 6, 2013
Hello,

I just bought a home last month with an inground salt water pool.

It was a green murky mess at first, however, it is now clear (I used liquid chlorine for the first month). I recently had the water tested and added salt to the pool. The next day, I went to turn on the SWG, however, it didn't turn on (rookie mistake - I hadn't tested it out prior to this). It's a Zodiac Duo Clear 130. I've tried everything to get this thing to turn on (opened up the box - everything looks fine, looked at the breaker...etc). It's runs on the same breaker as my sand filter and pool heater and they are both operating fine.

I'm new to pool ownership and maintenance and I wanted to check in here before I pay for a hefty service call. Is there anything I'm missing or does this seems to be an electrical issue?
The pool company I deal with told me to bring the box in to them and they'd look at it, however, it's wired into my house and I'm not sure how I would get it to unattach.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Also, I put a lot of salt in the pool and I've been running the filter constantly - the pool is cloudy now - is this due to the salt levels? Should I add chlorine until I can get the SWG working.

Thanks

staceycanada said:
This SWG is only three years old. Would a replacement be likely at this stage?

I'm not sure if it has a flow sensor? How would I figure that out.

Depending on the amount of wear on the cell, three years is not really unreasonable. All SWCG cells have a flow sensor that tells the unit when the water is moving so that it can, in turn, generate chlorine. The water must be moving for it to work and the flow sensor shuts the unit down if no water is moving.

What is you water temperature out of curiosity?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.