Timer for Intex Pump (w/ gfci)

Belo

Jun 6, 2013
Rochester, NY
Hi everyone, been browsing for some time now.

Just got the family a small 12'x36" intex easy set. It's up and not leaking and so far so good. I've heard all there is to hear about intex pumps and quality. However on a budget we decided the $85 pool and pump would be a better starting point for us then to go with the desired sandfilter and saltwater system and an bigger ultraframe.

Anyhow,

Intex recommends 4hr run time for this pool. It will only really be used to lounge for the wife and I and not receive heavy use from kids, so I don't think it needs 24/7, but time will tell. The pump is the 530gph model with a GFCI on the end of the cord. There is no built in timer, it just runs. For energy savings and to prolong the life of the pump I figured I would set it to run from 12am-4am nightly during off peak electrical hours. The pump is plugged inside the barn on a non-gfci outlet and hooked up to this timer I got from walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinks-42-101 ... t/22257628.

Problem is, the gfci red reset button needs to be pressed every time the timer turns on. And when it goes off, the gfci resets and needs pressing again thereby resulting in a timer that doesn't work.

Any thoughts on how I can get this pool to run on a timer? Many thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.