Yellow on sides of pool

Mar 22, 2008
I have been doing BBB for a couple of months now, all of a sudden there is yellow stains around the return jets and on the sides of the pool where the water circulates. I don't have any vitamin C to check it yet but is it common to have this issue?

Is there something I should be doing regularly to help with this issue? How do I test for this issue?

I have not been perfect on keepign the chlorine consistent dailt, many times it gets down to 1 and I should be runnign at about 5-6 with CYA of about 50, but whenever I test for CC I get 0, does this mean this is not an algae problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 3
If it brushes off it is probably algae, though algae is hardly ever really yellow. If it doesn't brush off it is probably a metal stain and you should do the vitamin C test to confirm that. What kind of pool surface do you have: plaster, pebble, vinyl, or fiberglass? Metal stains are fairly common on fiberglass, rarer on the other surfaces.

With CYA of 50 you never want to allow the FC level to go below 4.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.