What is the cause of my stain

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi, when my pool was built 3 years ago, I made the mistake of hiring a general contractor who didn't know what they were doing. They built a water feature with natural rock and immediately upon filling the pool after my interior was set, it stained under the rocks. After my pool was started, I hired a waterfall company to fix the actual water feature. What was it exactly that stained the pool from the rocks? Are rocks suppose to be prepared a certain way before putting water in the pool? I am trying to learn if acid washing is my only option for the staining.

2013-05-28182836.jpg

Identifying a stain from a picture is hard. You don't say but I assume you mean the white line just above the water line?? I am pretty sure that is calcium and muriatic is the only way to remove it.

Brown is typically organic staining such as tannin staining from leaves or, and this is what I am suspecting, it is iron. It's only under that one rock and nowhere else? Try scraping a vitamin C tablet on the stain. If it lightens up, it is iron and you may need to treat for that.

Thanks! I'll hunt around here to see how to get rid of it... AND how to not get it back. I'm sure it's in the PS section..

Thanks again neighbor!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.