Measuring R-0870

Jul 8, 2011
JasonLion said:
The exact amount of R-0870 powder used is not critical. The goal is to add more than you really need rather than using too little. Using too little R-0870 powder can throw off the results of the test. You need to use enough to bind to all of the chlorine that is present. Adding extra, within reason, has no effect. At very high FC levels it is likely that you will need to use more than the normal amount.
Hello Jason,
I just received my first Taylor K-2006 today and the little dipper appears to be broken. I'm assuming it should look like a miniature teaspoon, but mine is cut off. I was still able to load it with R-0870. based on your note above, do you think it's okay to trust it until a replacement arrives?

Yep, mine has the flat end, and at the spoon end it looks like only half of the mold was filled during the manufacturing process. The seller is shipping me a fresh one tomorrow. :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond with a picture!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.