CYA reference solution question

In my case with an indoor pool I try to maintain a CYA level between 20 and 30, the addition of a 25 ppm reference would potentially make this an easier task as it removes or at least lowers one more variable.

Maybe a silly question, but you do not mix it with anything right. You just test directly and then in reality it is never consumed.

Seems like someone in Tucson should buy this ;)

OH ... got it.

Is the 5-10 minutes true for the regular CYA test? Not sure I have gone that long, but often it sits for at least 5 minutes before I get around to going outside to do the test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The whole point, I thought, was to perfect your testing technique.

If you mix it up as directed and get something besides 50, you need to change the lighting or how far you hold it or decide just how invisible is invisible.

Once you get 50 consistently, if you repeat the test under the same conditions, your CYA reading should be accurate no matter what the CYA level is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.