Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Type of Pool surface???

1. Back To Top    #1

Type of Pool surface???

I'm trying to answer the question "Pool surface type?" for my profile and am not sure how to describe it best.

It is an Inground pool with a cement bottom and some type of hard plastic panels on sides, 16 X32, and appr. 20 years old--it came with the house I bought.

It is literally a "Cement Pond."

What is the correct terminology for describing this pool???

Tks

2. Back To Top    #2
    I haven't heard of a commonly used name for these. You could call it a concrete fiberglass hybrid, but I don't know how many people will know what you are talking about.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    My neighbor had a similar pool installed about five years ago. The walls are plastic/fiberglass cement bottom and vinyl liner. The walls where covered with thin foam panels glued to sides.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

That's it!

That's what I have . I'm glad that someone else has seen these, I was beginning to think it was a one of a kind.

I think I'll just call it a cement pool to keep it simple--and next year, it will be a cement pool w/liner .

Thanks so much...