Pool opening stains

Jun 5, 2013
Hello all,

We bought a new house with a pool and have just started our first season with it. We had the pool company open it but we've been maintaining it since, for the past week and a half.

I've brushed and vacuumed many times but can get rid of multiple (probably a dozen) streaks and stains. I've even dived down with a hand brush and tried to scrape and brush them off.

Any tips to get the liner completely clean or do I just have to wait? Thanks in advance for any help.

Here are our stats:

Saltwater
72000 litres (16x32)
Vinyl
Sand Filter

From most recent water sample:

Free chlorine 1.27
Ph 7.8
Hardness 125
Alk 110
Salt 3600

Welcome to the forum :wave:

You need to find if the stains are organic or metal.

Rub a trichlor tablet/puck on the stain. If it lightens, the stain is organic and raising the FC level will fade it over time.

Or, rub a cheap vitamin C tablet on the stain. If it lightens, the stain is metals. The process could be just crushing vitamin C in a sock and holding it on the stain for a minute or possibly doing a complete AA treatment.

Make sure chemicals are balanced correctly also! I purchased my house recently and it looked like brown streaks on the wall when I opened, and for the majority of the first year I rented here due to lack of knowledge. Once I got everything in order the stains went away!
Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.