606 jump stand install epoxy bolts

lazyd

Jul 4, 2010
I removed my jump stand in order to repaint the rusted base. I soaked the bolts, used heat and tried a nut splitter (broke on 1st bolt). I then put the cheater bar and managed to "remove" the bolts (snapped off at deck). SR Smith sells a epoxy kit with 4 bolts and epoxy for anywhere from 200-250 depending on vendor. Has anyone used this? It seems to be expensive for 4 bolts and a can of epoxy. Has anyone sourced something like this themselves? I know I can find everything with a little looking, just wondering if anyone has had any success. Thank you to everyone on this site.

I know Simpson Strongtie makes an anchor epoxy, comes in a caulking gun tube and mixes the 2 parts as you squeeze it into the hole. Then you can set anything you want into the hole while the epoxy cures. Ive bought it at HD/Lowes a few times.

My only qualm about that is you would have to be absolutely sure the rated forces for the Simpson stuff is the same or better than the SR Smith stuff. Diving boards scare me, mostly because I worry about one cracking while under use or the bolts releasing from the concrete deck (in my case they are original so they are set directly into the concrete so not as much of a worry there)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.