Mineral Springs SWG manufacturer?????

bhelme

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
West Friendship, MD
Who actually makes the unit? Is there any way to tell from labels on the cell or the control box?
I don't use their "mineral" packs, just add my salt, etc. Thought it might be helpful if I really needed some technical info for troubleshooting.

Bioguard makes this unit. From what I was told in the past (I too have this SWG) it was formerly an Aquarite/Goldline product. Bioguard's web site (bioguard.com) has the owner's manuals and such if you need them.

Mineral Springs... This has to be the most shameless ripoff.

I just got a co-worker with Mineral Springs converted to SALT. Yes CONVERT to SALT.

He had been paying $500+/year for the "beginnings" (startup) and "renewal" (every week). After looking at his unit, we pulled the goldline controls pdf manual and converted him to SALT. Yes CONVERT to SALT.

I pointed him to this site, he bought the test kit + the salt strips and is now testing and adjusting his own water. He'll spend 1/4~1/5 the $$$ on his pool this year vs previous years.

What a ripoff... Have they no shame?

Even though my PB installed this unit I have not used any of the "minerals". I really haven't had to add much of anything since it was installed except a little borax to up the pH a couple of points. I have no idea what he did on startup so he may have used the "beginnings". So far I've only spent $35 in chemicals (outside of whatever startup was used). I imagine that the "renewal" that is supposed to go in very week would have totaled more than this since the beginning of April!

midtngal said:
Bioguard makes this unit. From what I was told in the past (I too have this SWG) it was formerly an Aquarite/Goldline product. Bioguard's web site (bioguard.com) has the owner's manuals and such if you need them.

I lost my manual (*cough* wife takes anything that is on the counter and 'files' it for me) and went to the bioguard site. For the life of me, I cannot find the manual. Can you provide a link?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
midtngal said:
Hmm...thanks waterbear...didn't know about THAT site!

19...I just emailed you the manuals.
The mineral springs unit is just a rebranded Goldline AquaRite. All the manuals and info are on the goldline site, not the hayward site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.