Installing safety line anchor in cantilever edge

Jul 18, 2012
I searched and found a couple of older threads about similar questions but not exactly what I was looking for. Prior to my decking being done, my PB added two eyeball anchors that drilled into the top of the steel pool wall so I could attached my safety line and floats When my deck was poured, my cement guy removed them and said it was because I was having a cantilever edge done and those anchors wouldn;t work. He said I need to buy differnt eyeball rings and drill into the cement to install. Once thread I found said that this was not exactly easy. Looking for ideas on wht I can do to get my safety line reinstalled. Here is a pic of the edge whch is about 3-4" in height.

Thanks!

Bump....been asking friends about this and none of them think it's a good idea to drill into the side of the concrete as they think it will crack. Since this is for a safety line it doesn't need to be full on load bearing but still strong enough to stay in place in case a child hangs on it.

Has anyone installed some kind of eyeball hoop/anchor with a vinyl pool and cantilever edge after the deck was poured or am I poop out of luck??

(OLD THREAD, I KNOW) I have pretty much the same cement coping as you do. My PB drilled into the side of the coping in order to install my winter safety cover. I needed an attaching point for the cover. Use a hammer drill and a 1/4 inch bit. Really shouldn't be a problem. Yeah, it may chip a very little around he hole. Start out slow with the drill speed and you will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.