I need help with my sand filter!

Jun 5, 2013
We got our 24x52 intex ultra frame pool off of a neighbor bec. They were moving . We just got it set up and ready to turn everything on . The only problem is there isnt a label on top of the sand filter so were not sure what we are turning to. When my husband turned it on there was a little sand comming out so he turned it off and turned it another way and sand started shooting out into our pool and there is quiet a bit in it. I turned it until there was no sand comming out when i turned it on .im not sure what i have it set on or if it is the right setting . Is there anyone who can tell me what i can do since there is no label on the top. The sand needs to b vaccumed out !Any advice will be appreciated ! Thanks

Welcome to tfp, mandyjg :wave:

Are there any markings on the multiport valve? Any idea of brand/model? Maybe located on the housing of the larger filter?

Do you have a functioning gauge on the valve? If yes, and if it is working (goes to 0 when the pump is off) then as long as you have flow, the setting that reads the highest pressure is probably the filter setting. Most multiport valves have at least positions: filter, bypass/recirc, waste, backwash, and rinse...some have more, a few have less.

Maybe a picture would help someone recognize yours.

Did the filter get moved with the sand in it? If it did then it could have broken something inside and that's the reason that sand was coming out of it. Under normal circumstances no position on the valve should have sand coming out the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.