May 27, 2013
Marietta, Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Greetings!

We've had our pool for four years and, until this year, we've never had any problems with it. It's always been clean and clear and all we've had to do is put in the chemicals, wait a couple of days for the filter to clear up any cloudiness, then jump in. We've always done the pool store route for testing and chemicals and were essentially fat, dumb and happy because, even though we had NO idea why, the water stayed clear.

When we uncovered the pool this year, however, we found a slimy, green, smelly, swampy mess! Going to the national chain pool store was no real help. They sold us "shock", algaecides and said "do this" and "do that" and your problem will be solved! Well, that's not what happened. After almost two weeks, trips for water testing every other day, and a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff, nothing had changed. The pool was still green and smelly!

So, I began searching on the internet hoping to find solutions. That's when I found TFP! I joined, posted my problem and within MINUTES, several of the site experts began asking questions and offering advice and solutions. One week later, the pool is as clean, clear and beautiful as it has ever been! (My wife thinks the water looks and feels better than it did on the first day we had it!) And for a FRACTION of what I was paying at the pool store!

The folks here are amazing! They are kind (when you are a beginner asking questions), patient (when you are a beginner asking a LOT of questions) and, most importantly, they KNOW what they're doing (the results prove it)!

I'm a BBB and TFP convert, and now, a proud supporter!

Thanks TFP and all the amazing people here!
:whoot:

It is always good to hear we have been of help with these sorts of success stories :) Hopefully you will hang around, learn more, enjoy the company and in turn share with other newbies having problems down the road. Just following other help threads you will be surprised what you learn, and even more surprised that you can answer some of the questions yourself, for example if a person posts a photo of an unknown filter, and it is the same model you own you have a chance to share your knowledge...

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.