Basis cleaning equipment

May 3, 2008
rock springs, wi
I am looking for recommendations for the basic cleaning/maintenance eqiuipment for a 27' AGP. I can get a set for $50 with my pool, but I am assuming it is very low quality. I will be doing manual vaccuming at first, so I am particularly interested in a good quality vac head and hose. Which brands or features should I look for?

Besides a vac and skimmer net, what else should I get?

You want at least a pole, a nylon brush, a leaf rake, above ground vacuum head, and vacuum hose.

I have found some amazing deals on this kind of stuff at Home Depot, Lowes, and WalMart. Places like that rarely have a complete selection but they have very good prices on what they do have.

I have a triangular vacuum head, a leaf rake (looks like an angler's net), a skimmer net, a curved brush, and a straight brush about 8" long. They've served me well over time.

The most important piece of equipment is a good extension pole. They seem to come in two kinds: those that work and those that don't. The non-functioning ones are the silver smooth ones. No matter how much you tighten them down, put a little pressure on and they collapse. The blue fluted ones are much better. I use the silver one I bought before I knew better with the skimmer net to do surface cleaning and the blue one for vacuuming and brushing.

I chose the triangular vacuum head because it fits the cove between the flat bottom and the wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.