Replacement Cell Chord

B69CA

May 9, 2013
Hey All,

I have a Aquacal Dig-220 SWG and today noticed that the cell chord has disintegrated a little at the cell connection point thus its time to replace the chord.

The chord replacement is around $60 which unless I'm missing something seems silly for what amount's to 2 wires and 4 connectors all of which are obtainable from Radioshack. Yes, it appears the wire is well insulated and the connector at the cell end is a huge rubber plug (with 3 connectors instead of 2 which my cell has) but still seems like its just 2 wires.

What's the view on DIY for this cable? Obviously I would use good and well insulated cable and good quality connectors but the entire project would still be substantially lower than the $60 for a replacement.

Am I missing something? Is there some other parts inside that big rubber end?

Thanks,
Jon

Hello,

I posted yesterday about the possibility of building a diy swcg and agree that the prices are crazy.

I´m not familiar with the make you mention but your idea sounds fine to replace the wires as long as you can seal everything up afterwards.

I guess the transformer reduces the power to 12 volts, and if so I can´t see there´s much of a risk if you´ve got reasonable diy skills

Good luck
:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.