Pool is built need help with touch up

Hi all, the pool was finished in May. The company that built the pool is so busy I guess they can't make it back for awhile. When they poured the concrete around the pool some of the edges had littles holes in them. They patched the areas by hand but now it is discolored and rough. I'm not so concerned about the darker color but I would like to get it smooth. How do I go about this. Sandpaper maybe? Also some of the concrete bits dried on the vinyl liner. How do you clean that without messing up the liner. Thank you for your input. Here are some pics. Also, absolutely love this site. You guys are great.
null_zps6654198a.jpg

null_zpsb96956b2.jpg

Oh man. I've got a similar issue i've not dealt with yet. Last time i looked i was looking at concrete polishing wheels that would work with either air tools or a grinder. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Polishing-Complet ... B0014WH3ZS

I wouldn't count on your PB to come out with any special tools/polishing wheels. If you aren't into DIY, i'd call some flooring companies or someone that pours custom concrete counter-tops.

I think a wet sponge would take the concrete off no problem. I would just rinse it often in a bucket to keep the grit off the sponge.

You are going to need to protect the liner during polishing/sanding, not sure how to do that. Not sure how i'm going to do it. Perhaps a thin piece of plastic duct taped to the coping, or have a helper hold it in place.

I'm guessing the color is different because they didn't patch it with actual concrete, possibly mortar (Portland cement and sand) or maybe even thinset. That would actually really bother me, not sure how it could be changed short of coating all the coping with the same product. Maybe you could stain the coping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.