Cloudy water, Chlorine Loss

Hello,

New here, first of all thanks for all the great info! I have had an ongoing issue with cloudy water and chlorine loss. Of course, everyone has a different opinion. When taking samples into the pool store. I always had little or no chlorine and mustard algae, sometimes low ph. They said add yellow out and chlorine, brush pool, vacuum and run filter for 24 hours. Water would clear up but still cloudy. This went on for several weeks but pool would always turn green. Then one time they said next time you're in have the water tested for phosphates. Next time your nitrates are high no mention of phosphates. I decided to get a second opinion. Had the water tested she stated the phosphate level was off the chart. Add phosphate remover, clarifier and chlorine, brush, vacuum, run filter for 3 days. Changed cartridge Again water was not green but was still cloudy. After a couple of weeks, phosphates level was minimal, but could not see the bottom of the pool. When having the water tested. chlorine always non existent or minimal, ph would be low every once in awhile. I'm tired! Ordered a Taylor 2006 kit and tested the water this morning, here are my results. Used the pool calculator, and it said add 1 gallon chlorine. Change out 20 % of the water. Living in SW Florida, pool has sun all day, and were on a canal if that makes a difference. We have entered our rainy season with about 8" of rain forecasted for the next 3 days. With that said I'm looking for a solution. Thanks in advance.

Also, have an auto chlorine feeder-should I invest in tablets?

FC: 0
CC: 0
pH: 7.6
TA: 120
CH: 300
CYA: 100+

Welcome to TFP.

Take a look at that CYA number! :shock: Stay away from the tablets! They're what got you in this trouble.

You're probably going to have to drain and refill more than 50% of your water. I'd get started doing that right now.
While you're doing that read the "ABC's of pool chemistry" in Pool School.

Did you already put the bleach in? If not go ahead and do that now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.