moving pumping station

Mule

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2010
Hi gang,
Haven't checked in for quite a while. I have just about completed a new screened porch and it's a tad
smaller than the old deck. And it has left my pumping station out in the elements (I hope nothing has
been damaged). I would like to move the whole rig about five feet so that it is on a concrete pad (instead
of where it was originally placed: in the dirt or maybe on a 2x4.
I'm not afraid of this job, but would love to hear any advice anybody has to offer.

A little background: I'll save you the background. I just typed it, read it, and deleted it.
This will be our fourth summer in this house with the pool and we have used the pool for
about a month and a half.

Additional questions (if anyone would care to chime in):
1. My pumps are likely pretty old. I know that some of the o-rings are bad and the shaft
seals (I broke the new one trying to bang it into place with a sledge hammer). I have the kits,
but I wonder if I would be better off replacing them than spending the time to install the go kits.

2. One skimmer doesn't work. I would like for it to work (lots o trees). Is it pretty likely that
I will have to cut a hole in the concrete pool deck? I tried to run a snake through, but it
wouldn't go very far. Any thoughts on this one?

3. The pool cover is kickin' my butt? I'm about ready to take it off, but I have no idea the best
way to tighten those spring coils. I loosened a couple to get them to connect and now, of course,
the top is a little saggy. It suddenly occurs to me that there is probably a tool that I am missing
that makes this process easier.

Anybody live near Falls Church, VA and wanna come take a look?
Thanks for listening to my late night ramblings. Mule

Mule said:
Hi gang,
Haven't checked in for quite a while. I have just about completed a new screened porch and it's a tad
smaller than the old deck. And it has left my pumping station out in the elements (I hope nothing has
been damaged). I would like to move the whole rig about five feet so that it is on a concrete pad (instead
of where it was originally placed: in the dirt or maybe on a 2x4.
I'm not afraid of this job, but would love to hear any advice anybody has to offer.

A little background: I'll save you the background. I just typed it, read it, and deleted it.
This will be our fourth summer in this house with the pool and we have used the pool for
about a month and a half.

Additional questions (if anyone would care to chime in):
1. My pumps are likely pretty old. I know that some of the o-rings are bad and the shaft
seals (I broke the new one trying to bang it into place with a sledge hammer). I have the kits,
but I wonder if I would be better off replacing them than spending the time to install the go kits.

2. One skimmer doesn't work. I would like for it to work (lots o trees). Is it pretty likely that
I will have to cut a hole in the concrete pool deck? I tried to run a snake through, but it
wouldn't go very far. Any thoughts on this one?

3. The pool cover is kickin' my butt? I'm about ready to take it off, but I have no idea the best
way to tighten those spring coils. I loosened a couple to get them to connect and now, of course,
the top is a little saggy. It suddenly occurs to me that there is probably a tool that I am missing
that makes this process easier.

Anybody live near Falls Church, VA and wanna come take a look?
Thanks for listening to my late night ramblings. Mule

Go to control panel and read my posts about a clogged skimmer line ..... i tried every option out there before i ended up digging :roll:

Here are the first three pictures. I want to move the station under the deck. I hope it
won't be too loud under the deck. There is already a concrete slab for the old hot tub
under there and I will have a place to mount the SWCG.

Attachments

• pumping station overhead.jpg
    pumping station overhead.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Pumping station before move under deck.jpg
    Pumping station before move under deck.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 37
  • primary pump pic 1.jpg
    primary pump pic 1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 37
At the top of the overhead shot in the last post, you can see my discharge line going into corrugated piping
leading out behind the back.

Attachments

• primary pump.jpg
    primary pump.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 37
  • filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 37
  • booster pump.jpg
    booster pump.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 37
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.