Can I locate intex sand filter/pump 50-75 ft away from agp?

Jun 4, 2013
B.A. Okla.
It's the cheapest model filter/pump and a separate intex salt system. I just got both rigged up temporarily (sitting on some big rocks and landscaping stones) to an 18' metal frame summer escapes pool today.

I'd like to put the filter/pump + salt system in my shed with lines running on the ground around the pool this year, maybe bury something next. Lines on ground would be 50-75 feet each, is the 1500 or 1600 gph pump strong enough to keep up or does flat-distance matter all that much? It would be smooth-wall 1.25" vinyl this year.

Or is a shed a bad idea due to heat? Oklahoma here and the shed is in shade 60% of daylight. I spent $400+ today on a $350 pool and I want this stuff to last since we will surely get another bigger pool when this one wears out. Should I build some little near-pool-located doghouse thing with a fan?

edit: I've no idea what this tubing costs, when I find out I may be building the little doghouse thing anyway.

Re: Can I locate intex sand filter/pump 50-75 ft away from a

Welcome to the forum. :lol: You are likely asking too much of that little pump. Intex pumps are infamously under powered so I would never take the time to place them where they will probably not work well.

Re: Can I locate intex sand filter/pump 50-75 ft away from a

Thanks. I was at lowes just a bit ago to get a new weedeater and looked at the tubing, close to $2 a foot and I'd need up to 150' not going to do that. I'm going to build some kind of little house for it I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.