First day with Intex pool with SWG

Jun 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

We just purchased and set up a 16 foot Intex easy-set pool, with the Intex Krystal clear saltwater generator.

I filled up the pool and added the salt, let the filter pump run for 24 hours, and just turned on the saltwater generator.

How long am I supposed to let it run before I test the water? Both the saltwater generator and the filter pump have timers on them. How long should I normally run the filter and SWG?

Thanks,

Cliffy

Welcome to tfp, cliffy1203 :wave:

First, I would not have the swg raise the FC level, do that with bleach/liquid chlorine, then let the swg maintain it. Pick a time of day that works good for you maybe in the evening and test your chlorine level and confirm it is high enough (for you cya level). See this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

On a side note, we recommend disconnecting the copper bars that are part of the intex swg, since copper is not needed when FC is properly maintained...also the copper can stain and cause blond hair to turn green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.