Pool store testing

As stated in your other thread ... we do not trust pool store testing ... there are 1000s of threads that confirm this conclusion.

BTW, CYA is the test that the stores are notoriously the worst at ... they do not use the correct lighting.

Most do yes. Take the same water to 3 different stores and get 3 different answers. Take a sample back the next day to a different employee and you will get results that are not possible to change overnight.

They also do not use the FAS-DPD chlorine test ... so they are limited to max of 5 or 10 ppm and are then just trying to match colors.

Trust your own testing. Period. It is more accurate and repeatable.

Since this is my first post... HELLO!

I understand there may be some shady pool companys but I have to say that the pool store (not sure if I can give the name but it's Town and Country in Phillipsburg, NJ) that installed our ABG 21"x54" (and it rocks). They use "ClearCare Expert" testing system. Since the day they installed our pool, advised on closing it last year and what to do to open it this year they've been spot on with their advice. Water is crystal clear with no issues.

I go weekly to Town and Country who tests for: Free Avaliable Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Combined Chlorine, PH, Akalinity, Calcium, Cyanuric Acid, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Nitrates, Total Solids, Phosphates, Salt and Saturation Index - for free. :goodjob: Since I'm there I can pickup chems.

I use a cheapo testing kit 3 way test kit for every other day testing.

Before lumping pool stores into the same grouping as ambulance chasers I would recommend you ask about their testing process - what do they test for and how often do they recommend you test. And talk to some of their customers in the store about their experience

Got to work on my sig... 21'x54" ABG with Hayward SP1510 pump with a Hayward S180 Sand tank, using chlorine. Looking at a heatpump to extend my swimming season.

Asking is useless unless you know what you are talking about and can distinguish a good answer from a bad answer.

There certainly are some amazing pool stores out there, but the great majority are staffed by people who learned about pools by reading product labels and know less than you can find out by reading Pool School for an hour or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.