vacuum to waste with cartridge filter (need plumbing advise)

jeffreymlewis

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2012
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Yesterday I got a new Intelliflo VS pump, and asked the tech to replace my regular 5/8" garden hose spigot with a 3-way valve so I can, "vacuum to waste." Perhaps there was a mis-communication, because this is what I got,

I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure I can't simply attach a hose to this setup, lest it be blown into my neighbor's yard.

Can anyone give advise on what I need to complete this job? Perhaps glue some 2" PVC into this reducer and clamp on one of those blue backwash hoses? (More elegant solutions welcomed!)

There is about 75'-100' between my pump and the sewer lateral.

Thanks in advance for you help,
Jeffrey

Re: vacuum to waste with cartridge filter (need plumbing adv

You just have to add a piece of PVC pipe and then a fitting to whatever type of hose you plan to use .... or just spray water all over the place ;)

Pardon me, but I see the valve above the pump, and a big ole hole, but I don't see a pipe leading towards, um, a filter. :wink:

Anyway, assuming it's just not visible in this photo, I'd say yes, you need to do exactly as you imagine.

We were lucky, we were able to access a bathroom drain/vent only several feet away and plumbed the drain-to-waste from the pool directly into the house drainage system.

Maybe someone else has your elegant solution, but it isn't me. :oops: Sorry.

jblizzle said:
You just have to add a piece of PVC pipe and then a fitting to whatever type of hose you plan to use.

Any suggestions of what hose to use for this application? I keep finding backwash hoses on "google", but don't know what fitting I should use for those.

Ideally I'd like some kind of threaded connector, and a hose to match. But there are so many to choose from ...

alanpaul said:
Pardon me, but I see the valve above the pump, and a big ole hole, but I don't see a pipe leading towards, um, a filter. :wink: Anyway, assuming it's just not visible in this photo ...

Correct, the pipe leading to my cartridge filer is directly behind this value (and thus out of frame).

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.