New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 9/20

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 8/17

vanibrown said:
Plumbing finally today!!! Snails pace around here - our builder has built 80 more pools this summer than last...guess that has something to do with it!
I think it's also the shock of the difference in pace vs excavation, rebar and gunite for which the pace was incredible with massive visual changes. We feel the same that we're down at a snails pace compared to initially.

If they've built 80 more pools than last year, how many pools do they build in a year?!

Looking good so far!

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 8/20

Plumbing done! Electrical tomorrow -

QUESTION though - our footer frame is up and its short of what its supposed to be.. we are supposed to clear 6ft from the back of the spa to the start of the screen. I measured to the end of the board and its 5'4". So, does the screen go past this point, or do they have to re-do it?

photo by vanibrown, on Flickr

Sometimes the measurements are not exact. If I were you I would have gone out a lot more. Great pics :cheers: :cheers:

We wanted to, but every foot costs more with screen and pavers! The enclosure is 33x50 and we will have 1500 sqft of pavers. It's 8 ft from the house and we have a lot of deck on he sides of the pool. If I had unlimited funds.. :)

Electrical is done! Tile guy is here, but its about to storm, so looks like it'll have to be tomorrow.. Builder provided white marble for the spa spillway, but everything else is cream and tan and brown so I think we are going to get a piece of granite for it. Tile guy said he would cut it to fit and construction mgr is ok with it. It may be something small, but I think it would bug me if I left it white.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Tile guy super slow - but it turns out that it doesn't matter - our paver company is seriously behind because of all the rain. They have an 8000 sqft driveway job in front of us that is 3 weeks behind so they won't be able to start our job for another week and a half!! :(

Inspection tomorrow and then footers Tuesday.. but I think I am going to have them move the chase line I had them run for electrical- I asked for the back corners and they didn't end up there...since we have time to kill, might as well have them do it.

(edited coz pics didn't show up)

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 8/25

So, I had the electricians move the chase lines to the back corners, then they poured to footers. We are going to have GFI's installed and wanted them out of the way.
Tile finally got finished, and the skimmer was hooked up. I went out there and pulled up the irrigation pipes that were across the length of the house. Thankfully hubby capped them.

Pavers are Tuesday and screen is Friday, or at the latest, Monday. Its been 5 weeks and I am ready for it to be over. Soon.

My screen guy came and took down our existing screen..looks much bigger without it!

AlanE said:
:p If you are like us you probably are already getting your noodles and swim trunks (suits) ready!

We are still a couple months away from being done and my oldest has already asked me why am I always wearing swim trunks on Saturdays. I said I was getting ready!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.