Pentair VS pump into older Jandy system?

Patton

Jun 4, 2013
I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm repeating a previous topic, or point me in the right direction to read all the older posts.

Due to rebates, neglected pipes and pumps I'm currently looking into a pentair, variable speed pump to replace the pool and possibly the spa pump, plumbed with electric selection valves to control the inlet and outlet sources respectively for the pool and spa. I was in environmental construction for awhile and have probably glued more pipes and valves and installed more hardware thn most pool builders, but then my electrician would come in and do all the controls for pumps, motors, fans, remote call outs, etc..... So now I'm wondering electrically speaking if anyone has tied these new pumps into an older Jandy aqua link 10 system? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Patton

There are various ways to do that, but they tend to involve minor compromises. On an IntelliFlo pump you can get an IntelliComm II, which allows you to get one speed for each available relay in the Jandy system, up to a total of four speeds. An EcoStar pump can do something similar without an add-on.

Patton, I recently added a Pentair VF. My system was controlled by Jandy RS 6. I opted to upgrade to the Jandy Iaqualink very easy to install and can be controlled with IPad or Android device very cool. The pump install was easy but added two inch shim under the pump so it would align with pluming. The whole upgrade and pump install took about two and a half hours.

Patton, I too have recently upgraded my Jandy RS8 to an iAqualink. I have a Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump and the iAqualink recognized the pump over it's standard interface and controls it fine. The iAqualink is rather pricey ($350 - $500 depending on the age of your RS6), but gave me some automation options I did not have before. Prior to the iAqualink upgrade, I used Pentair IntelliComm II board to control the pump from the RS8. It too worked well, but was not as elegant. And it was a lot cheaper, at around $150 new. I sold mine on eBay, you may find better deals there.
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.