best time of day to test: new pool setup

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
I just setup new 18 x 9 52 intex. with 1200 gph sand filter and SWG. I added salt 105 lbs and liquid stabilizer( cyanuric acid) 1/2 gallon. I live in arizona and was wondering when the best time is to run my SWG and test water. The temps here are already 110 :grrrr: :grrrr: . What is the most efficient way to create my chlorine. Should I run at high sun or at night? and then what time should I test? I know UV kills chlorine.

I would suggest running SWG overnight. This could help "cool" the water and is less likely to interfere with normal pool use.

I like to test late in the evening (unless I am fighting algea or preparing for a party), as this is when I would expect FC to be at its lowest levels.

You need to run it long enough so that the FC never drops too low ... that can either be at night or during the day. Likely it would be safest to be running during the day and then you just need to verify that the FC did not drop too low overnight before the SWG comes back on.

You can test any time after the pump has been on for an hours and make sure the pump runs for an hour after you add any chemicals. The CYA test is best done in sunlight: extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206397

EDIT: Although shortdog raises a good point ... don't the Intex SWG say not to run when the pool is occupied? That would make running at night less hassle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.