PVC Unions

I will take a stab at this. I believe the only reason it would say that is that as I recall, schedule 80 is VERY thin walled and low pressure unlike schedule 40 which can take alot of pressure. Since you are (I hope) use this around your pool, what? 30psi probably no more than 40psi?

I my opinion, you should not have a problem with excess leaking or failure with the pressures we are talking about in regards to a swimming pool.

Bob E.

Yes, schedule 40 pipe and schedule 80 fittings can be mixed together without problems.

Schedule 80 is designed for higher pressure applications than schedule 40. So it is a little bit of overkill but not a problem.

One huge advantage to schedule 80 is its uv resistance compared to 40. Ever been to any outdoor industrial water setups? When I was in environmental construction we used 40 in the ground and 80 above. Not only is it UV resistance better, but the added strength might be a real value if a tree limb or a fence falls on your piping, maybe an errant basketball or football!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.