I couldn't be happier, neighbor tearing down his deck!!!!!

harleysilo

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
North Georgia
So i never really posted up a finished set of photos from last years build, mainly because it's still not perfect. But this recent development has me so happy it's time to post some up!

Long story short, Previous homeowners built this giant deck, which was an add on to the original deck. Instead of just enlarging the deck they made steps going up to a new deck that is like 10’ off the ground. More like a viewing platform, except there is nothing to view LOL. So when you sit on the original deck, all you see it this huge deck looming above you. When we built our pool last summer, we replaced 6 year old 6 foot fence with new 8 foot fence to help with the privacy issues this stupid deck caused. Talking with the neighbor during that time, he said he got a quote for $1500.00 to have the deck “lowered”. I almost gave him the money then.

Came out on Saturday and he was tearing it down! He’s going to re-build but at the normal height, so we’ll never see it or him again.

Here are the pics…

Standing at back door to house on new much smaller deck.

Taking a step or two and looking out to the right

The lower/separate patio dining cooking area

Looking back at house, pool equipment behind fencing on corner of house.

CAN YOU SEE HIS DECK?

Getting Torn down!!!!

Re: I couldn't be happier, neighbor tearing down his deck!!!

Still need to do landscaping on the hill. Still need to seal the concrete. Still need to stain the deck.

The redtips died exposing his deck, looks like two more aren't doing to well now either. I really wish many years ago someone had planted something other than redtips there.

Nice yard and pool! Don't blame you for bring excited to see that deck go, no longer is your yard on display from above! It looks rather awkward sticking up like that anyways.

Jamison04 said:
Nice yard and pool! Don't blame you for bring excited to see that deck go, no longer is your yard on display from above! It looks rather awkward sticking up like that anyways.

Thank you! It has been tolerable because from their deck they cannot see the pool, or even the concrete around the pool. But if we are standing around the pool side opposite the fence we can see people on the deck.

The deck is very awkward for them, i'm surprised they've decided to tear it down, it was only about 10 years old and in great shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.