What's around your pool?

MikeS

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2007
Burtonsville, MD
Found her today. The shell was over 12" long. She did not go for a swim....

53108011.jpg

53108013.jpg

Here I'm thinking you mean...patio furniture, that kind of thing. LOL
This week we had a muscrat actually in the pool. Now, that was an adventure in living trying to get him out.
I had visions of my brand new vinyl liner in shreds.
After chasing him around with the scoop....and just annoying him, we finally just left him alone and he left.
It was rather freaky though to pull back he cover and see this large dark object go flying through the pool.

A few years back I woke up to find two stray dogs in the pool. They were treading water on top of the solar cover. They couldn't get themselves out. They had collars on and finally I was able to yank them out by the collars. They had rabies tags and we called the vet on the tag with the number. They said the phone number of the owners was disconnected. We guessed they moved and set the dogs loose. I think that they would have drowned if it wasn't for the solar cover. As it was they turned my nice clean pool a filthy brown. They got a nice bath out of it!

Another time I came home after a long and tiring day to find a dead possum swirling around in the bottom of the pool. I was so drained that I couldn't fathom how I was going to deal with it. I left. When I came home a few hours later the pump had switched off and the possum had floated to the top. I was able to use the net to get it out of the pool and into a garbage bag, without having to touch the thing.

Never a dull day with a pool.

Johanna

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.