intex ultra frame pool 18x52

cant seem to put picture on the file here seems it to big to post

worried because not sure how mush bend should be on the top of legs.
Should the bottom part of the leg be 100% level or not?
When i had them completely level they seem to press up on the liner and i read that they should just rest on the liner but not be pressured on the liner

what should be done

need answer asap Please

Just wondering Should the legs on a 18x52 intex pool be 100%level when full this being checked with a level And if the legs are 100%level will the middle strap tighten on its own as there seems to be a lot of slack on it when they are just empting the pool to retry first time got about half way full and middle strap did not tighten and should legs move around to adjust water weight worried please advise

I just filled my new Intex 18x52 Ultra last weekend. The top of my legs bow outward just a little where the top "T" connects to the legs. This appears to be normal.

It was important to get the liner centered between the legs before filling so that the liner would not press too much against one side, while not even touching the opposite side. Does this make sense? I had to tug the bottom of the liner around until I was sure that it was close to laying in the center of the circle of legs.

I also took a 2' level and made sure all the legs were level from side-to-side and front-to-back before centering the liner. Then, I kept checking the legs as the pool filled because they did move a little.

Lastly, I was not a fanatic about the legs being perfectly straight up and down (level). As the pool filled I could see the 1 or 2 legs were still pushing into the liner too much so I just moved them out a little.

In the end all of the legs are touching but not pressing into the filled liner. I also have a gap between the liner and the legs for the top 20" or so. This seems to be normal as I have looked at others pictures and observed the same thing.

Good luck and enjoy your new pool !

Jim

so in the end tottom he legs of this pool should be level top to bottom and side to side with a wrinkle free bottom correct? i am also using a strap on bottom of legs i forget what the strap is called .

is all of this correct please advise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds like you have the right idea.

Legs level (left-right & in-out)
Liner centered as good as possible inside the legs
Bottom of legs tucked inside rope (if your pool came with one)
Pull the wrinkles out before filling, and again while the pool is first filled

Enjoy!

The legs on my 16' ultra frame touch the liner, even push in on it a little bit. Seems normal... Like it was mentioned, the leg touches the liner until just above the white strap, then there is a gap.

Legs are straight up and down, no bending anywhere.

Sounds OK to me. After all it is a giant bag full of water. It has to press up against the legs for support. I was just warning about the legs being excessively pushed in.

I just looked at mine now after it has been swam in a bunch of times this week and settled in. Each leg is pushing in on the liner slightly. I agree with dccordell, this seems normal.

Not to be a complete snob, but I believe the correct term is plumb, which is the vertical version of "level" ;-) I just put up our 18'x48" and was thrown by the fact that it did not come with a bottom rope. Some had suggested to me to use 1" ratcheting strap/s all the way around if the legs want to start splaying outward.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.