test results..please help

Kim1965 said:
cannot get a CYA reading at all...followed the kit instructions, but the water and the reagent didn't turn even a bit cloudy.
If you haven't added any via stabilizer, truichlor pucks or dichlor "shock" you won't have any. Tap water has none.

For that level, you calculated it exactly right, 28 oz. When the sun hits it, it will be gone within hours without CYA to act as a sunscreen. You need to get some CYA in that water!

A good reference is here:
pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

hi everyone,
A new day....need help again, sorry
test results:
CL-BR...3-6
PH...7.8
TA...180
CYA...still wont register any
added a bag of pool shock yesterday evening, from information found in the seasonal/temporary pool forum.
Am I on the right track? so confused :(

Kim1965 said:
hi everyone,
A new day....need help again, sorry
test results:
CL-BR...3-6
PH...7.8
TA...180
CYA...still wont register any
added a bag of pool shock yesterday evening, from information found in the seasonal/temporary pool forum.
Am I on the right track? so confused :(
Did you add dichlor?

CYA won't register on test until it gets to about 20ppm, so don't test until you know you have added at least that much. You can go to the Pool Calculator, add pool gallons at top, then scroll down to "Effects of Adding Chemicals" and see how much of what that bag added to your pool.

Ignore the BR part of the OTO tester. That is for bromine, and you run a chlorine pool :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim1965 said:
If Di-chlor equals pool shock then yes I added it, Richard520 referred me to the temp pool forum, and I tried to follow those suggestions.
"Shock" is a catchall term. Leslies sells at least three types of "shock" in convenient one pound packages. Could be Di-chlor. Could be Cal-hypo. Could be MPS. Always read the labels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.