test kit level help

Feb 27, 2013
Need some help with my first go at testing all the level in my new pool. Have been following the BBB up till know. Will start using the SWG, when I get my levels back down.
When I went out to test my chlorine and Ph this morning, Ph was 7.5, but chlorine was dark orange :( .
So I got out the test kit and decided I needed to do all the test and see what is going on.

16ppm FC
1 CC
17 TC
270 TA
100 CH
25 CYA

Am I doing this right?
Had the pool filled for 6 days. Up to this point, just doing the daily kit my PH was 7.5, and chlorine was 2.5. All along the pool has looked very clear. Thanks for any help I can get.

shari25 said:
I feel so dumb. I even have pool school printed out and in a binder, read and re-read. I cant fugure out how much bleach to add to shock it.
Shock level is 12 for 25 CYA according to http://www.poolcalculator.com/

So plug your numbers, including the volume. into the right column, then plug 12 in the target for FC and it will tell you how much bleach to add. Be sure you select the strength you're using. Really easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.