When do you add bleach? evenings?

neen01

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
I think I read that most of you test and add the bleach in the evening each day. How long do you have to keep the pump on after that? In the past we have set the timers to run the pool during the day so now I am thinking of changing the timing.

I have mine set to inject when the pool pump starts in the morning...for 1hr then shuts off, then the pump shuts down after a 5hr run,then off for a couple Hrs , then restarts in early afternoon for another 5hr runtime and the 2nd 1hr injection...works for me so far... But been contemplating running once during the mid morn/early afternoon then the second time at night??
Curious what other folks are doing...

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

I run 7-10AM for skimmer action to clear the surface and 7-10pm to give me circulation after chem dosing (usually between 7 and 9). Seems to work. I like having the highest ppm of bleach during the night so that it can work away before the sun starts to erode it the next day. At least, that's my theory. We always dosed at night during the pre-CYA era so it is sort of ingrained.

I am like most, I add mine in the evening after the sun is down enough to be off the pool. I start the pump around 3:30pm and let it run until around 9 or 10pm. Depending on how much sun we have had and the swim load. This seems to work for us so far but this will be the first full summer with our pool. Installed very late last summer and was only open about 6 weeks before closing up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I run my pump from 1PM to 6PM. It "sucks' bleach from a bucket for 5 hours. I have it tweaked for 30-32 oz over that time. FC is always over 3.0, gets to 5.5 at times. I wouldn't think it would matter what time, it's going to go down "x" amount, you need to raise it "x" amount.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.