New Pool, New Owner, Help!

If you reccomend to add Acid to lower the PH and in turn the ALK at the same time - can I add the Acid the same time the CYA sock is hanging?
Do I leave the filter running during the add of Acid?
How long after the Acid is added to I retest?
I assume the Acid will lower the FC and CYA (assume) as well, if so, how long after adding to I add more bleach and or CYA?
Any advice on Acid is wonderful!

:wave: Each time when the pH hits 7.8, use muriatic acid and lower it to about 7.2. Pour the acid slowly in front of a return. Always have pump running when adding chems and have at least 30 minutes pump run time after adding chems to ensure mixing.

Forget about the TA. It will slowly come down over time every time you adjust the pH.

With the CYA at 30, maintain FC levels between min of 2 and target of 6, and never below 2. You could test and dose FC up to 6 each evening. As long as it does not drop to or below the min, you are fine.

You may need to test FC several times a day for the first few days to maintain FC above min until the CYA gets mixed in good.

I suggest a dose of sequestrant to take care of the fill water. Just add a starter dose now and then follow manufactures dosing chart.

Used the Pool Calc. It said to add 20 oz of Muratic Acid with the strentgh of liquid acid I have. I just added it in front of the water return slowly and will wait a bit a retest.
I just tested before adding the acid everything was the same as this morning (well the last test)except FC dropped back to about 1 again. I assume this will begin to maintain once I have the CYA leveled out, until then I will continue to add bleach based on test results/pool calc.
Any more tips/advice/suggests are more than welcome.
I cant think you enough!!!
With Rain on the way, what suggestions/should I do if anything once it rains?

You are doing great :goodjob:

Rain really isn't a problem w/the chemistry unless you get a lotta stuff blown into the pool. You can test and confirm if you need to add anything before and after.

If you mean possible overflow from rain,

pool-about-to-overflow-from-heavy-rain-t24706.html

And, if you mean, that it is only raining and no thunder/lightening and water is warm enough, then :splash: :snorkle:

hannconn4 said:
Morning results.
FC - I bumped it up to 6 before bed last night. This morning it is a 5
CYA is holding at 40
PH is between 7.2-7.4
Think I have it??? Do you agree?
Yep :goodjob:

You are not going to add any more CYA, right?

Now that the CYA is 40ish, adjust your min to 3 , target 7, never below 3. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.