Just go the TF-100 here are my first numbers from the test.

May 29, 2013
Swisher, Iowa
CL-2
PH-7.5
CYA-50
TA-250
FC-5 (i think?) I put 11 drops in and it said do number of drops x .05
cc-0

I hope I did it right. Looks like I could add a little PH but not sure what else I can do. Any advice would be welcomed!

Dmac

Re: Just go the TF-100 here are my first numbers from the te

drmac22 said:
CL-2
PH-7.5
CYA-50
TA-250
FC-5 (i think?) I put 11 drops in and it said do number of drops x .05
cc-0

I hope I did it right. Looks like I could add a little PH but not sure what else I can do. Any advice would be welcomed!

Dmac
pH is just fine.

You will note that one test said Chlorine was 2, and the other said it was 5.5 or 2.2 (11 drops in how big a sample? 10 ml or 25 ml?) If it's really 2.2, you need to raise FC quick. If it's 5.5, you can see why the colormatching test is inadequate and that you need a lot of practice with it to be able to spot subtle shades of yellow.

Why didn't you run the CH test? While a vinyl pool doesn't care about low CH, high CH can still cause scaling.

Guess I thought the CH test was not needed with a vinyl pool. I will run if from now on. The chlorine was test in 10ml per the instructions. took 11 drops. I see the color test is quite hard to see the color difference.

Dmac

So my CL is good at 5.5 then right? I am still trying to figure out how to use the pool calculator.
I am not exactly sure how many gallons the pool is either, it has just under 4 foot of water and is 21 foot round. I was roughing a guess at about 9600 gals. I am sure there is a formula that will tell me, just need to look it up.

drmac22 said:
So my CL is good at 5.5 then right? I am still trying to figure out how to use the pool calculator.
I am not exactly sure how many gallons the pool is either, it has just under 4 foot of water and is 21 foot round. I was roughing a guess at about 9600 gals. I am sure there is a formula that will tell me, just need to look it up.
Stick a tape measure in and see just how deep the water actually is.

Then go to Pool Calculator and way down below the table is a volume calculator. Plug in your numbers and it will give you a pretty close volume. There's also a bit in the plumbing and filter, but don't worry about that. Richt above that at the bottom of the table is where you set goal levels. Pick troublefreepool, vinyl, and appropriate chlorine source. I believe I read an earlier post where you were planning to ditch the poolfrog. Be sure to do so.

Anyway...go back to the top and plug in the gallonage it calculated and put your test results in the Now column. At this point you ought to see how it works. Don't micromanage things and obsess over some arbitrary ideal. Just keep pH in the safe zone and FC above minimum always and post a question if you have doubts about whether something is a good idea to add or not.

Thanks Rich! Appreciate the help. Looks to be on the right track as far as my numbers go. I measured and it is right at 45 inches now but adding some water to level out to the middle of the skimmer. If it was full to 48 inch it would be above or right at the top of my skimmer so perfect depth is about 46 which is where I am filling it to. I will recheck the numbers after I get the pool up to depth and will check cH too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.