Bubbles and creases in vinyl liner

edward.foote

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
I've noticed over the last couple years that my vinyl liner has a big airpocket right above the water line. It started small but is now 2/3 around the pool. Under the water level, the liner there are creases in the liner or the liner is bunched up.

Is this normal? I mentioned it to the pool store guy a year or two ago and he thought maybe a leak. I don't think I'm losing water out of the pool and it is definitely and AIR pocket. Should I be concerned? It's almost like the liner needs to be stretched out a bit.

Thanks for your help...

If it's an overlap liner, you may be able to fix it yourself by removing the top rails and stabilizer bars in the section affected and pulling the liner over the wall and reattaching. If it's a j-hook or beaded liner, I don't think there is much you can do.

I assume that the UG in your sig means that it's an "underground" pool. We call those IGP's (InGround Pools). :)

If that's the case, then there's probably not a lot you can do about it.
How old is the liner?

Please refer to my first post then as you will have to remove the top rails, stabilizer bars n coping strips. Pull the liner over the wall, put the coping strips back on, followed by the stabilizer bars n top rails last. :goodjob:

Thanks. Is this a pretty easy thing to do? Is there a possibility I could totally screw up my pool? Although I open and close my pool myself, I would rate myself somewhat below average in the "handy-man" category.

It's not hard at all. Remove the screws in the caps so you can remove the top rails which are also screwed in. Everything else pulls up. Work with 2-3 sections of top rails off and walaaaaaa! Easy Peasy!!! It's really not that hard. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.