pentair dynamo motor siezed

May 24, 2013
Arizona
Hey had a guy from a reputable co called we fix ugly pools come out today to install my pump and filter. He laid it on ground attached wires with some yellow clips attached the gfv or gfi box forget what its caled turned it out with no water running through it to test it and told me the motor is siezed up. Called guybi bought it from who insists its worked fine day he sold it to me. What do u guys think? I dont know anything but to test it should it have been connected to the pool and filter before testing the motor or can he have done it the way he did and have found the motor to be siezed?

He took it to his tech guy...told them dont fix a thing without talking to me first...it would help if u could explain what u mean and the if he can turn it....or if he cant...what does that tell us the more knowledge i have the better chance of not being ripped off. Pentair said if it was set on a timer, or not grounded, or wires hooked wrong all could explain it. So u can test the pumps without running water through them or priming them? Such a newbie but i listen and learn quick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.