Pool Light Question?

May 16, 2013
Barto, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a recently purchased home with a cement pool. There are two lights in the pool, neither are working. I have what appears to be two relay boxes next to the outdoor sealed switch which I assume means these are low voltage lights. Before I start my diagnostic routine I though I would pull both lights from their niche's and work my way back to see where the problem is. Here's my question. I just went into the pool Saturday to inspect the lights. Neither appear to have a retaining screw on the bezel for removal. Where there lights at one time that were just pushed into the niche? There's a lot of paint on these but I still don't see where there was a screw. I thought I would ask before I start prying.

I had the same problem, and determined the pool contractor had installed a different brand of wet niche and light fixture. Therefore, the screw in the light fixture does not match up with the niche. Could there be an electrical bonding issue with no mounting screw?

Make sure the GFCI protecting the lights isn't tripped. I went through the hassle of replacing the bulb until I figured out it was simply the GFCI needing to be reset.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.