Best for 45,000 Gal pool?

Jun 3, 2013
I have a free form 45,000 gal Saltwater pool. Equipment consists of Pentair Intelliflow SVRS Variable Speed Pump, DE Filter, AquaComfort Digital Salt Chlorinator, AquaComfort Heat Pump/ Plumbing is as Follows:
All 2" PVC Plumbing
2 Skimmers, 2 main drains and 12 Returns and Waterfall
Water comes out of Salt Cell into 5 valvles(Bench, Returns, Sun deck, Waterfall, Main Drain(able to switch between pulling water from main drain pushing water to MD for deep heating)

My question is, I am looking for a good pump running schedule that keeps pool clear and with enough chlorine while keeping Electric usage at a minimum as we have some of the most expensive electric in the nation.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to TFP!

I would try 1000 RPM to start with. You may need to turn that up a little if the heater or SWG complain of low flow rates, or the skimmers stop skimming effectively. 1000 RPM is the most energy efficient speed on that pump.

I suggest starting with 12 hours a day of pump run time, and adjust up or down from there based on how things go. There are more complete directions in Pool School, see How to Determine Pump Run Time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.