Adding CYA

kkpjm

May 23, 2011
Quakertown PA
I snuck this question in on the end of a reply on another thread, probably should have just started here...has anyone ever used one of those chlorine tab floating dispensers to get CYA into the pool? I'm still gonna put it in a sock, just thought it would be a cleaner method.

If you mean to put the sock in the floater, instead of a puck, it might work. I say might because I've never actually seen the floating housing people put pucks in. Hanging it off the wall is fine, though, so not sure why you want to do that. Or, when I don't have circulation due to the pump being down (such as the last 8 days with a pool full of water), I've hung the CYA sock on a piece of string from a pool noodle or water wing, or anything that floats.

Hopefully you mean you will put powdered stabilizer in the sock. If so, it may look bad, but not for long. It will saturate fully within a few hours. After that you can squeeze the sock and it will disperse in little clouds into the pool.

Yes, that's exactly what i was referring to. Like I mentioned, I was just thinking of a cleaner way to do it...actually last year I hung the sock inside the skimmer lid...making sure it was secure and wouldn't fall fully into the skimmer. Even thought the basket would catch it, i was worried that somehow it would clog things up if the sock fell into it. The extra turbulence in there seemed to help the CYA dissolve faster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.