DE & leaf debri in pool

Jun 3, 2013
I have a Pentair Plus DE filter, and have a slight amount of DE and debris still coming thru the returns and also clogging up my screen to the Polaris vacuum. Have checked the grids for tears, nothing, checked the regulator and seems fine, pulled the multiport valve apart and checked gasket, all seem fine......I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Any ideas

The most common reason for DE and debris to be returned to the pool is either torn or improperly installed grids Did you make sure the grids were seated correctly? Did you check really closely for tears? A small tear can return a bunch of stuff to the pool.

Last year I had a small crack in the manifold of my DE filter. The crack was barely noticeble to the naked eye, but once the filter is under pressure, it pushed out all of the DE through the little tiny crack in a matter of minutes. My grids were pretty old, so I opted to replace the entire assembly.

I wouldn't run your polaris because my jets became clogged from the filter leak and I had to get the Polari repaired, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.