Issues with pump and possibly filter

Ozzie

Sep 13, 2012
All Hayward stuff. When switching between modes on the filter, does not seem to "engage" Pump off during switch of course.
Go from filter to backwash, nothing happens, fiddle with it a bit and them it starts to work, then go to flush. same problem.

Occasionally the pump pressures will go nuts, swinging wildly and rapidly between 0 and 25, pump/filter making strange noises. Shut pump off, wait a couple of minutes and it's fine again.

Any ideas, this started on Saturday. Pump ran all last night with no issues.....but I'm getting worried.

duraleigh said:
Hard to say, but unless your pump is turning on and off, I suspect you may have a faulty multiport valve.

Time to take it apart and see. Check gasket and spring specifically.

Ok, will tear it down tonight, seems simple enough, the lever does seem a bit 'loose'. I know my local pool place has the spider gaskets in stock, but if you have them I may get them from you. Test kit will be ordered this weekend, I could pick it up sunday evening, gotta drive through raleigh then anyway...... :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.